1. Pretty much every weekend since August, every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday) has been spent officiating roller derby games far and wide. Longest I have traveled so far was 3.5 hours away with my carpool.
2. Attended my league's recreational roller derby league religiously (except once) even when my body was feeling like waste.
3. Explored new wheels via my teammates. I've learned lots more about the size of a person, skating style, and functions through wheels.
4. Researched new skates, even when I couldn't afford them. I have my eye on the Riedell She Devils... Am also researching bearings, how to clean them and what kinds to buy.
5. Dreamed in roller derby. The most recent dream I had was of running a marathon through a ghetto... racing against my teammates.
6. In charge of my team's monthly newsletter.
7. Volunteered for fundraising and PR events even though a volunteer such as myself is not required to volunteer more time outside of officiating.
8. Contrary to being an introvert, am getting out and conversing more with other skaters and officials. I want to live and breathe this world.
9. Attracted to clothing with vertical black and white stripes... someday I will be a referee before I become a skater.